Our Customer Charter
Our Customer Charter lets you know about what we do, our commitment to providing services to the standard you expect and why your feedback is important to us. We want you to know and understand how your opinions about the services we, and our partners, provide allow us to better meet your needs. The Charter also tells you what you can expect from us when you give us any comments.
We provide you with a wide range of information, products and services to support your public transport needs. These include:
- Travel information and planning tools (such as travelsouthyorkshire.com)
- Traveline telephone service on 01709 515151
- Transport interchanges
- Park and Ride sites
- Ticket retail services in various locations
- Management and issuing of concessionary travel passes
- Maintenance, installation and improvements to bus and tram stops and shelters
- YourStop information
- YourNextBus – real time information service
- Social media feeds through Twitter, Facebook and YouTube as well as e-newsletters
Our Customer Charter commits us to deliver the service and quality you expect. It explains;
- What you can expect from our services
- How we work with others to help deliver our services
- How we can support you in accessing the right information, services and help when you need it
- What you can do if you are unhappy with any of our services
Back to top
Our promises to you
We make sure you're able to get the right services for you. Whether you're passing through our transport interchanges, using a Park and Ride site or calling Traveline for information. We will give you the help they need when travelling by bus, tram or train in South Yorkshire and make sure that our services provide good value for money.
We work with partners from across South Yorkshire to make sure you get the best possible public transport service.
Accessing the right information for your needs
We make sure all the information you need is at your fingertips or just a phone call away. You can find up to date travel information when you’re on the move too.
Giving us your feedback
We make it quick and easy for you to get in touch, and we always have time to listen to what you have to say. Telling us what you think can help us to improve our products and services. Whether you are happy with the service you have received or dissatisfied, we want to hear from you!
We are committed to responding to your queries and comments within the following timeframes:
- Email – within ten working days
- Written mail – within ten working days of receipt
- Social media – an acknowledgement within one working day, and a further response within ten working days
- In person at an interchange Customer Service desk – someone will speak to you within within five minutes of arrival
- Phone - the Traveline team have some further specific service level commitments, you can find full details on our Traveline page
Back to top
What happens when things don’t go well?
All of us involved in delivering public transport in South Yorkshire will do our best to ensure that services meet expectations. We understand there may be times when you're unhappy with the standard of service. When this happens, we want to hear from you. We’ll take your comments or complaints very seriously and do everything we can to make things right.
Our three stage complaints process
You can tell us what you think by contacting us in any of the following ways
- Visiting the Contact us page and completing an online form
- Calling Traveline on 01709 515151 and ask us to record your complaint
- Picking up a form by visiting a Travel South Yorkshire Interchange
- Writing to us at Customer Liaison Team, South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive, 11 Broad Street West, Sheffield, S1 2BQ.
We'll fully investigate your concern or complaint in a fair honest way, and provide you with a response within ten working days from the day we receive your comments. If your complaint is about a partner organisation, we will still record the complaint and handle it on your behalf but you may receive a reply from them directly.
If we can't fully answer your concern or complaint within ten working days, we'll make sure we keep you informed as to our progress and when you can expect to hear from us.
If you're still unhappy with the response you receive, please let us know and we'll escalate the matter to a senior manager. We will review the complaint again and provide you with a second response within ten working days.
If you are still unhappy with the second response you have received, you may write to our Director of Customer Services at;
South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive
11 Broad Street West
You can also email them at CustomerServicesDirector@sypte.co.uk
You'll receive a final response within twenty working days. We'll also give you details of our ombudsman and governance escalation process in our response if you're still unhappy.
Back to top
If you have communication difficulties and would like to contact us, you can phone us on 18001 01709 515151 using Typetalk. Further accessibility information can be found on our Accessibility page. When you contact us, just let us know which format you would prefer.